Is there anything that has you concerned about your oral health? If something in your mouth has changed, such as a sore that’s developed and isn’t healing or suddenly having continuous difficulty in swallowing, it’s important that you’re taking notice.
Symptoms of a healthy mouth and one that may need treatment
A healthy mouth has standard elements to show it’s doing well. For example, a healthy mouth typically has:
- A special type of skin, known as mucosa, lining it
- Is smooth all over
- A coral pink color
If you’ve noticed that something has changed in your mouth, it could be signaling a more serious problem. For example, if you’ve experienced one of the elements below, it’s important to have a professional take a look:
- A mouth sore that is not healing and easily bleeds
- A hard time in chewing or swallowing
- Patches in or around the mouth (especially if they’re leaning red or white)
- Changes to the texture of your mouth’s lining, such as thickening or any lumps
- Consistent sore throat or voice hoarseness
WHAT COULD ORAL CHANGES MEAN ABOUT YOUR HEALTH?
It may be a surprise to most people, but these changes may actually be symptoms of or show risk for oral cancer.
If you’ve experienced these changes or something similar, please give Dr. Alireza Khansari MSD a call. He’ll be more than happy to meet with you and consult to figure out what’s going on. Just give us at Poway Perio a call at: 858.679.0142.
MON 7:00AM - 4:00PM | TUE 8:00AM - 5:00PM
WED 7:00AM - 4:00PM | THU 8:00AM - 5:00PM
FRI by appointment